Saturday, May 11, 2013

Samir Nasri vowed to improve amid criticism


Samir Nasri

Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri promised to improve on his game after the criticism of his manager Roberto Mancini.

Mancini criticized Nasri's game this season and he confirmed he'd taken it on board and now understands how he can develop as a player.

“I agreed with him (Roberto Mancini). I knew. Sometimes I don’t need him to tell me because I’m professional. When I go home, I watch the games again," former Arsenal star Nasri told The Times.

“I know if I’ve played well or if I’ve played s and for eight months I wasn’t good. I understand what the manager was saying, because it must be frustrating when you have a quality player and he doesn’t perform and you don’t know why because you try to play him there, play him there, but he still doesn’t perform."

Nasri admitted some of his performances for Manchester City have not been good enough, with certain moments making him want to cry.

Nasri drew heavy criticism when he turn his back on a Robin van Persie free-kick during December's Manchester derby.

City had recovered from 2-0 to be level but, as Nasri turned away, the ball went where he would have been and on into the goal.

"I don’t know what went through my head. I don’t know how many times I was thinking about it afterwards."

“At the time I almost cried I was so upset with myself. How could you do that? It was a derby and with a draw we’d have stayed a few points behind them but they won it and it was a big moment in the title race.

No comments:

Post a Comment