Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tearful David Beckham plays final home game at PSG

Tearful David Beckham plays final home game at PSG,David Beckham, David Beckham cry

Beckham wore the captain's armband and had an assist before leaving the pitch to a rousing ovation in the 82nd minute. Beckham in tears on farewell.

David Beckham had an emotional Parc des Princes farewell as Ligue 1 champions Paris St Germain beat bottom club Stade Brest 3-1 on a memorable night on Saturday.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic a Sweden striker scored twice and he has now a personal best this season of 29 goals.

Ex-England skipper Beckham, who will retire at the end of the season, broke down in tears when he was substituted by Ezequiel Lavezzi in the 81st minute.

Beckham, who was named skipper against Brest, was hugged by his team mates as he left the pitch to a standing ovation having set up Blaise Matuidi for the second goal.

Beatles song "Hello, Goodbye" was played over the speakers as a film showed highlights of his time at the club before Beckham walked towards the podium with a St George's flag wrapped round his shoulders.

"I want to say thank you to everybody in Paris, to my team mates, to the staff, to the fans. To finish my career here could not be any more special. I want to enjoy my family now, I have all the souvenirs I want now so I'm very, very happy. Merci Paris. I'm very sad to be leaving but thank you," said Beckham the 38-year-old former Real Madrid and Los Angeles Galaxy player.

No comments:

Post a Comment